Weeknotes: 18th May 2020
This week I moved house.
And, honestly, that took up a lot of my time and most of my mental energy. I still got some work done, but it was a slow burn.
To highlight a good thing though: we had a team meeting on Thursday to realign our integration work. It was a really positive meeting where I felt we got complete control of the work ahead.
More importantly though, it was nice to have a meeting with everyone on the same page: we all know what’s happening, what decisions need to be made and what the impact of work is.
That could just be a bit of new-team positivity, but I think it’s also because of our focus work stream. We’re fixing a few bugs and preparing other work, but at least 75% of our effort is on one clear task.
- Deprecated a fork of TinyMCE to just use the mainline version
- Fixed a bug that’s been sitting around for a few years (a benefit of having a dedicated team on this service!)
- Added error handling to our publishing process
- A bunch of tidying up our AngularJS to match ESLint’s expectations